Saturday, September 03, 2011

Shelf Candy Saturday

I've just been introduced to the fabulous idea of Shelf Candy Saturday by Five Alarm Book Reviews and basically the idea is to show a favourite book cover or simply one that caught your eye and to write about it! Simple but genius!


So here is my Shelf Candy Saturday book cover: The BFG by Roald Dahl. 


When I was a kid, I adored the drawings of illustrator Quentin Blake in Roald Dahl's books. They were like nothing I'd seen before, all spiky lines and exaggerated angles. For me, Roald and Quentin became synonymous with one another, you couldn't have the story in your head without Quentin Blake's images popping up too and when you saw the images, you immediately thought of Roald Dahl and his amazing stories. A partnership made in heaven, surely!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an original choice. I love it! I always enjoyed Ronald Dahl. Thanks for participating in Shelf Candy.

Cassandra @ Book & Movie Dimension a Blog said...

Love Roald Dahl. Thanks for this.
And for participating.
My Shelf Candy at Book & Movie Dimension

BookStacksOnDeck said...

I've liked the Roald Dahl covers too!
My shelf candy...
-Heather@BookStacksOnDeck

Unknown said...

Great Shelf Candy cover. I love Dahl's books, but I have never read this one!

Steph
http://stephsstacks.blogspot.com

Book Bug said...

Thanks for commenting guys, I'm still new to blogging so its really exciting to know people are having a nosy at my posts! :)