Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The Book Bug List - book of the moment

The book of the moment for me is this amazing Roald Dahl book. Not so much a children's book, I think this is more a reminiscent delight for adults. It's a complete smorgasbord of selected parts of his novels and poems, as well as personal viewpoints from Roald Dahl himself and the fabulous illustrator Quentin Blake, among others.
As a child, Roald Dahl was my favourite author and the first to introduce me to completely crazy fantasies and crazy words such as Sugar Snorters and Muggle-Wumps! My friend Rachel bought me this knowing how much I loved Roald Dahl and I have to say, I think it was one of the best gifts I've ever received!
And if you haven't ever read a Roald Dahl book, I would suggest it's never too late...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your blog and I'm a new GFC follower from Book blogs. Hope you'll have a moment to visit and follow my blog. I write book reviews and stories about my crazy life. Hope to see you soon. I haven't read the book but I will definitely check it out. Donna

http://mylife-in-stories.blogspot.com

Book Bug said...

Hi Donna!
Thanks for following! I'm now following your blog too. Its a great way to find out about new books and get a perspective from another Country also!