Saturday, November 26, 2011

Coming soon to my bookshelf!

After hearing about these books from other people and with the movie due out any day now (I think), I figured it was time I dipped my toe in the water to see what all the fuss is about.
Personally, I think a good book series is hard to come by. Harry Potter was the first that really caught my attention in a long time and I think the fact that it includes 7 books, all of which I love, is an impressive feat. While I loved the first Twilight book, the standard of the remainder seemed to slip with each book, HP on the other hand just kept getting better. A tough act to follow. Eventually I managed to find a book series aimed at adults, the Millenium Trilogy by Stieg Larsson. Loved it!
So here I am again, about to read books aimed at young adults. I'm not sure what that says about my mentality or the quality of adult fiction out there, but ultimately, I figure, if I enjoy it, who cares what age it's aimed at.
My order is in and apparently dispatched. Any day now...least I'm all set for my Christmas break, yay!

No comments: