Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Book Bug List - book of the moment

Soon to be released as a major motion picture, I'd fully recommend getting in there first and reading this awesome book. This is the first book I've read in a long time where I literally couldn't put it down. My mother, who never reads books, eventually listened to my pleas that she should read this one, and when she finally picked it up, well, she couldn't put it down either!!
Set in the early 1960s, this tells the tale of a white woman and her interest in the black slaves in the community she lived in. My favourite character was Minnie, a no nonsense, straight talking woman, who harbours a secret for much of the book. When it is revealed it is more horrific than I could have imagine and more hilarious that it probably should be!
An educating, thrilling, funny, heartbreaking read; don't miss out! Grab a copy quick!

No comments: